How to find reporting services are installed in which mode

Hi All,

I'm currently working on migrating SQL server from one datacenter to other. The source environment has reporting services installed and as per the info given by the client they are using reportingservices with sharepoint integrated mode.

When I checked the SQL server reporting server configuration manager, i donot see any databases within the databases option.

From SSMS I can see two databases with names reportserver$DEN2010 and reportserver$DEN2010tempdb, the sql server instance name is DEN2010. What i want to know is these databases are created by using which of the below options ?

1. Install the sharepoint mode integrated mode default configuration.

Will the databases with instance names created by default when you select the above option ?

2. Install but donot configure the report server option.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards, Kranthi

Thanks in advance.

October 11th, 2014 2:52am

Hi Kranthi_06,

According to your description, you have an environment with reporting services installed, the info given by the client they are using reportingservices with sharepoint integrated mode. In SSMS, you can see two databases with names reportserver$DEN2010 and reportserver$DEN2010tempdb.

In Native Mode, in the SQL Server Installation Wizard, if we select Install and configure option, the ReportServer database will be created automatically through Setup. If we choose the Install only option, we must use the Reporting Services Configuration Manager to create the database manually. By default, the database format is ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB. In SharePoint Mode, we need to create at least one Reporting Services service application by using SharePoint Central Administration or Reporting Services PowerShell cmdlets, then three databases are created for each Reporting Services service application and the database names by default include a guid that represents the service application. The following are example names of the three SharePoint mode databases:
ReportingService_90a9f37075544f22953c4a62e4a9f370
ReportingService_90a9f37075544f22953c4a62e4a9f370TempDB
ReportingService_90a9f37075544f22953c4a62e4a9f370_Alerting

For SSRS 2008 R2 or early versions, we can identify report server mode using the Reporting Services Configuration Manager. For SSRS 2012 or later versions, Reporting Services Configuration Manager no longer supports Reporting Services SharePoint mode. Configuration of SharePoint mode is completed using SharePoint Central Administration.

Reference:
Verifying SharePoint integrated mode installation
Create a Report Server Database

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Wendy Fu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 12th, 2014 10:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics