How to extract processing Biztalk server name of completed messages

Hi All.

I have a Biztalk group of 4 Biztalk servers and i have deployed my application on all the servers.

I have made a identical host instance on all the 4 servers to load balance the send port request and all are started.

I need to find out on a successful Biztalk processing of my incoming message which Biztalk server is called ?

January 27th, 2015 8:59am

If these are two-way receive locations then the EmpCorrToken on the orchestration can be used to obtain which server received this request. Strange by why should that interest you? The fact that you've used NLB is because you don't care which server processes it as long as some server processes it.

After that depending on the persistence points within your orchestration, different servers may rehydrate and process your same request.

Regards.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 27th, 2015 10:45am

Hi,

Not sure why you need this information but as far I think this is not possible unless you do some logging within the application.

January 27th, 2015 11:00am

One option is if you have a custom pipeline in your send port then you can attach a pipeline component with some c# to read the server current server (System.Environment.MachineName)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 27th, 2015 11:33am

I need to find out on a successful Biztalk processing of my incoming message which Biztalk server is called

Why do you need this information? I guess you want to check how your load is getting distributed between your BizTalk nodes?

There are following few things which I would try.

If you want this for some instrumentation purpose of your business application or to get some metrics then I would use BAM for sure.

Create an activity, have a column machineName, publish the data in BAM and then you can view your processed messages per machine.

For more information about BAM , Please have a read of Business Activity Monitoring in Depth for Developers MSDN guide.

If you just want to have a look at run time that how your load is getting distributed then I would go and use PerfMon for this, along with PAL to get the reports per BizTalk host .

January 27th, 2015 1:10pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics