How to enable javascript in windows server 2008 R2 enterprise ?
Hi all, Hope doing well, sir i am using windows server 2008 R2 enterprise operating system. i am running my web application in localhost. it's working fine. but i have used timer using javascript and some javascript function that is not working in this application. i googled many thing and i got one solution that is http://njbblog.blogspot.in/2010/02/issue-windows-server-2008-javascript.html i went through this link and i have done the solution but in my another system has the same configuration and same thing i am doing there but it's not enabled javascript and my application is not working. plz help me. it's urgent waiting for reply. thanks in advance.vicky Bangalore
August 28th, 2012 9:53am

Hi Vicky, Please make sure that the Javascript is enabled on you IE. To do this, please go to Control Panel->Internet Options, click on security tab, click on customer level button. Please scroll down to Scripting, underScripting of Java applets, click enable. OR Please try to start the Internet Explorer with option "Run as Administrator" to see whether it works.Regards, Rafic If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 28th, 2012 10:18am

hello, This query is related to Internet Explorer. We have a dedicated forum for Internet Explorer, please ask there. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/internetexplorer For your reference, to enable or disable JavaScript: 1.From the Tools menu, or the Tools drop-down in the upper right, choose Internet options. 2.Click the Security tab. 3.Click Custom Level... . 4.Scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list. For "Active Scripting" and "Scripting of Java applets" click Disable or Enable. 5.Click OK, and confirm if prompted. 6.Close and restart your browser. Thanks Zhang
August 28th, 2012 10:26am

sir i have enabled it and also enabled active scripting and restart ie with run as administrator but still it's not working. please help me. thanks in advance.vicky Bangalore
August 28th, 2012 10:27am

sir it's not a problem of internet explorer even in firefox java script is not working. so i am thinking that it is a problem of operating system. vicky Bangalore
August 28th, 2012 10:54am

Vicky, This issue is most likely NOT related to operating system. As Cheers Zhang already indicated, please submit a new thread in IE forum. To be sure on OS part, run sfc /scannow from elevated cmd (run as Administrator ), if you do not see any problems that confirms your OS is intact. I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
August 28th, 2012 11:20am

hi sir, after running this command i got this message. verification 100% complete. windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations. vicky Bangalore
August 28th, 2012 11:43am

I know this was a long time ago but for me to get it to work I tried the below tests with no success. The only way I got it to work was by installing both 32bit and 64bit versions of Java
December 27th, 2012 11:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics