How to draw Polynomial Trend Line in SSRS 2012

I would appreciate if someone could help me to draw 4th Polynomial Trend line chart ib SSRS 2012. 

FYI this feature is in Excel but I want to draw this trend line on my Column Chart.

If you need any more info please feel free to let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help

September 13th, 2015 11:09am

Hi Sarojamaly,

According to your description, you want to draw a fourth degree polynomials line in a column chart, right?

In your scenario, since you want to draw a fourth degree polynomials line within a column chart. You can add a chart series in the column chart, change the chart type as line chart. Then specify its value with the expression like that: 

=Fields!value.Value ^4 + 2* Fields!value.Value^3+3*Fields!value.Value^2+4*Fields!value.Value+5.

To draw the fourth degree polynomials line, we must specify the value for those polynomial coefficients: a, b, c, d, e. In my example, polynomial coefficients are specified with static values. Please refer to screenshots below:

You can also specify those polynomial coefficients with dynamic values using report parameters. The expression should like that: =Parameters!ReportParameter1.Value *Fields!value.Value ^4 + Parameters!ReportParameter2.Value* Fields!value.Value^3+Parameters!ReportParameter3.Value*Fields!value.Value^2+Parameters!ReportParameter4.Value*Fields!value.Value+Parameters!ReportParameter5.Value

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 13th, 2015 10:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics