How to develop and deploy multiple worker roles in single azure cloud services?

I am Manikandan, From Myeasydocs.com.

We have developed our application as web projects.  Now we are going to move to azure cloud services, i have successfully migrated our application in cloud services and it worked fine. I am having difficulties with back ground task. i have nearly 12 schedule tasks in our applications. I need assist on creating multiple worker role creation and deployment.

Is there is any site on explaining the worker role process in details?

Thanks in advance .. !!

February 10th, 2015 1:30pm

Hi,

In Worker role, Applications hosted within worker roles can run asynchronous, long-running or perpetual tasks independent of user interaction or input. It is a service component that is useful for generalized development, and may perform background processing for a web role. A worker role is frequently used for long-running tasks that are non-interactive, but you can host any type of workload.

I suggest you to follow the below article which explains about Creating and Deploying of Web Roles and Worker Roles in Azure Cloud Service using Visual Studio.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/jj618299.aspx

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Sowmya

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 10th, 2015 5:26pm

Hi Sowmya,

Thanks for the reply. Actually i have created a worker role based on the support given in the link you mentioned above and its worked fine. 

In worker role process, "RunAsync" will run continuously right, i need something like - it should check the time of the server and if it 11 AM daily it should send a mail else it should run.

Like wise i have multiple Schedulers each one should run in particular time alone which i need. How i can do that one ??

Any suggestions will be a great help .. !!

Thanks 

Manikandan Hariharan

Direct Verify 

February 13th, 2015 12:51pm

You can code the scheduled tasks as webjobs. Package them along with your worker role and they will run at scheduled time. Check this link out:

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/IntroducingWindowsAzureWebJobs.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 13th, 2015 3:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics