How to delete a network (created in Windows XP)
When I go to:STARTSETTINGSNETWORK CONNECTIONSI see 4 connections:1394 Connection (I beleive this was set up by the IT Manager from my old company on my laptop)Local Area Connection 4 - I beleive I set this up accidentlyLocal Area Connection 5 - I beleive I set this up accidentlyWireless Network Connection - I beleive this is the built in wirelss connection on my laptopI am not able to access the internet. When I view the Wireless Network connection is shows as connected. I was previously able to access the internet.When I try to delete the newtork connection by:Right hand clicking on each of the networks listed above I see a list of options but the "delete" button is not highlighted, so I am unable to delete it this way.I am sending this message from a seperate laptop here from home.The laptop I am having the problem with is a back-up machine but one I need to be able to get access to the internet with both from home and on a business trip I am taking.Thank you for any assistance.
February 2nd, 2010 6:53pm

Hi,Thanks for the post.You could perform the following steps to delete the unwanted network connections:1. Click Start->Run, type devmgmt.msc to Device Manager.2. Navigate to Network adapters, right click the unwanted network adapter and select Uninstall.Note: Please make sure the current user has the local administrative privilege. If the Network adapter is physically attached to the machine, the network adapter will show up again after reboot the machine. In this case, I suggest you could just disable it. As it is a Windows XP-related issue, please repost a new thread to our Windows XP TechNet Forum if you need further assistance.Windows XP IT Prohttp://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itproxpsp/threads/Hope this helps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 3rd, 2010 10:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics