How to debatch Inbound 999 files?
I need to be able to read in 999 files and split the messages into separate 2000 loops (one message for each 2000 loop). I see that by default the BizTalk EDI pipeline uses the 999 schema in Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BaseArtifacts.X12_999Schema. Would I need to de-batch and create individual messages in an orchestration or is there an easier way?
  • Edited by rdionne Wednesday, October 09, 2013 9:25 PM
October 9th, 2013 9:10pm

That schema is deployed because BizTalk can generate 999's itself, but you don't have to use it.  A 999 Schema is also included with all the other xsd's that ship with BizTalk.

First, you should prepare to deploy your own copy of the 999, with at different namespace, and configure it in the Agreement.

In your copy of the 999, you will set the subdocument attributes which tell the EDI Disassembler where to split the transactions.  For the 999, the 2000 Loop is AK2.

Refer to this article for details: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb226327.aspx

To see an example, you can open any of the 837 schemas and look at the 2300 loops.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 9th, 2013 9:49pm

Thanks for the information! First off I have to admit that I don't have a whole lot of BizTalk development experience. Initially I did have a 999 schema in my project but I was getting a routing failure message and it pointed to not consuming this message: http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12#X12_999_Root

After some digging that it occurred to me that must have come from the EDI disassembler in the pipeline and it wasn't using my local 999 schema. I thought about adding the 999 to the agreement but I didn't see a 999 listed . I was looking at the Local Host Settings (ST1)? maybe that was the wrong place to try and set that. I have been trying to de-batch in an orchestration and was stuck.

The link you provided looks to have some very useful information.

October 9th, 2013 10:35pm

Yes, on the Local Host Settings tab of the Them->You side of the Agreement, you would either set the Default line to your custom namespace if you use that same one for all transactions. Or, you can add a line specifically for the 999 and set it to your custom namespace.
October 9th, 2013 11:14pm

The agreement won't allow me to select 999 as a transaction type (997 and 999 are not available in the list). So I will try your suggestion of creating a default namespace. I will have to do that without selecting the ST1 value.

Also, the link for subdocument batching schemas seems to only reference 276/277, 834, and 837 documents. I take it that you are suggesting that I can edit the 999 schema and also make it work for subdocument de-batching like the "multiple" versions of the 276/277, 834, and 837 schemas.

I will try your suggestions. Thanks again.

October 9th, 2013 11:35pm

You have to apply the latest Cumulative Update to add support for the 999 in either BizTalk Server 2010 or BizTalk Server 2009.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2555976

Yes, you can modify any of the EDI schemas.  The only difference between the "single" and "multiple" schemas is the subdocument attributes.

October 9th, 2013 11:44pm

I am using BizTalk 2013. I know that it supports the 999 internally but I can't select it as a transaction type in the agreement.
October 10th, 2013 12:03am

Rdionne,

Were you able to get the transaction type for 999 in agreement? I also need to deploy the schema with custom namespace.

Regards,

Sanjay

September 3rd, 2015 6:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics