How to customize X-axis of Power BI Dashboard?

I want to show on Power BI Dashboard a moving average - for example, I want to always show the last 30 measurement of body temperature but it looks like Power BI dashboard shows all measurements I have and compress them - which makes the dashboard ugly. I tried to customize the X-axis properties but I dont know what I should change the default start/stop properties to (where the default property value is automatic).

Thanks!

August 26th, 2015 3:50pm

Hi Chu,

According to your description, you need to customize X-axis for your Power BI chart because of that it makes the dashboard ugly to display all the value on X-axis, right?

You can use FILTER to filter the values on X-axis. In the PivotChart Filter Pane, click the arrow on Axis Fields (Categories)or Legend Fields (Series). Tip   To change the field without closing the Filter menu, in the Select fieldbox at the top, select a field from the drop-down list. Please refer to the link to see the details.
https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/Filter-data-in-a-PivotTable-or-PivotChart-report-ca3ae673-95ac-46ab-b31a-7e3c5265c422
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-customize-your-excel-pivot-chart-and-axis-t.html

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 5:24am

In your data model, add a caculated column:

=DATEDIFF([date],TODAY(),DAY)

[date] is your datetime column in your data set.

Then, just add a filter based on this new column in your visualization so that it is greater than or less than some number that you like. Bingo, rolling date x-axis.

• Proposed as answer by Greg2178 11 hours 36 minutes ago
  • Unproposed as answer by Chu Xu 9 hours 15 minutes ago
August 27th, 2015 7:48am

Thanks everyone. The trick is to use a GROUP BY TumblingWindow and that seems to solve the problem.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 5:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics