How to create a Non-trusted server in windows standard server 2008?
Hi All,I have a requirement in which i have to access a non-trusted share from my client machine. CAn anyone help me regarding creating a non-trusted server in windows server standard 2008.
June 19th, 2009 4:41pm

hi there, your requirement is not clean , can you please eloborate what do you mean by non-trusted share.if it is non trusted server w.r.t domain , then you can use hostname\username from any other trusted / non trusted servers to access the shares.if this is not you are looking , then please give us more information.sainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2009 6:34pm

Hello,you can access any shared folder, if you have the needed account information to verify on the remote network/machine.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
June 21st, 2009 12:15am

Hi,what i mean by non-trusted server or share is that..if i try to access any share from run prompt(typing \\untrustedshare\untrustedfolder). it should prompt that the share you are accessing is non-trusted.Please let me know if you need any information on this.-Sasi
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 23rd, 2009 7:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics