How to connect to virtual server / VPN
Hi, I have two problems: 1. I have 1 physical server with WS2008 and 2 virtual servers installed on this 1 physical and question is, how can I connect to this virtual servers through physical? 2 On 1 of these 2 virtual servers I need to set up VPN server, becauseI need tocreate a small network with this VPN server to connect few computers to one network (because thesecomputers are each on other place and not have public IPs). Thank's for any comments. John
March 17th, 2008 8:06pm

Hello, Virtual Server allows you to access network and Internet resources with several different networking options. The network or Internet resources available depend on the configuration of the network adapters used for the virtual machine. You can access internal networks, local computer networks, and external networks from any virtual machine. If you'd like to connect to virtual servers from your physical server, on Virtual Server administration page, please configure Virtual network adapter of you virtual server to be connected to External Network first. And then please configure the network connection on your virtual server so that the virtual server will have a proper IP address to communicate with your physical server. On Virtual Server administration page -> Network Adapter Properties page, you could also add Virtual network adapter on your virtual server, so your VPN Server will have more than one network connections. The following articles are for your reference: Adding and removing virtual network adapters http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/virtualserver/2005/proddocs/default.mspx?mfr=true Virtual Server 2005 Technical Library http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/bcc5e200-88af-4a64-963b-55f1efb251d11033.mspx?mfr=true I hope this helps. Regards, Neo Zhu-MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 20th, 2008 5:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics