How to connect from the public computer to my web site
First, I doubt that your life depends on this. In any case, if you want to access a host within a private network, you need to configure port forwarding on the device that is hosting the public IP address. This is usually going to be the Internet router. What you need to do is log into that device and configure a rule that maps the public IP address to the private IP address within your network on port 80. On the PC within your network, make sure that the local firewall allows port 80 inbound. You then need to have an application (IIS, or apache, or another web server) installed and running on that port. With regard to having access to your work PC from home, that is going to depend on what your company allows. Do they have a VPN solution?IT Knowledge Base | itgeared.com |
October 22nd, 2012 1:18pm

Hi, You can map port 3389 on your network device, then directly RDP to your home computer. But take your own risk to open the port 3389 on your computer. For Internet access with domain name, you need to choose a domain registrar to host your records. For the register steps, I would suggest that you contact the vendor registrar for more detailed information. Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 24th, 2012 11:14pm

If you want to get a domain name, you can use one of various registrars to do so. Prices vary by tld (top level domain). Here is a high level summary: Getting a Domain Name IT Knowledge Base | itgeared.com |
October 25th, 2012 10:57am

If you want to get a domain name, you can use one of various registrars to do so. Prices vary by tld (top level domain). Here is a high level summary: Getting a Domain Name IT Knowledge Base | itgeared.com |
October 25th, 2012 10:57am

Hello. I am a new HTML beginner. And i'd like to work on my site from work. How to connect to my home PC and start working on it from work. And other question is opposite, how to connect from home to my PC that on my office at work? I need to know everything that the network involved because the page itself i v already made. So it is left for me to get a public ip that is already i have. For the begining i would not want the DNS, only pub ip. what should i do and configure in order to get my web from home or from my office. I mean everything: forwarding, nat and etc. thank you very much. it is very important to me to know how to do it. it is my life depends on it. thanks again.eternals81
November 3rd, 2012 10:30am

I mean not to remotely control like teamviewer or logmein. NOT! I want to check if i can browse to my web site(that installed on my home PC in IIS) from public network. 10x.eternals81
November 3rd, 2012 10:34am

First, I doubt that your life depends on this. In any case, if you want to access a host within a private network, you need to configure port forwarding on the device that is hosting the public IP address. This is usually going to be the Internet router. What you need to do is log into that device and configure a rule that maps the public IP address to the private IP address within your network on port 80. On the PC within your network, make sure that the local firewall allows port 80 inbound. You then need to have an application (IIS, or apache, or another web server) installed and running on that port. With regard to having access to your work PC from home, that is going to depend on what your company allows. Do they have a VPN solution?IT Knowledge Base | itgeared.com |
November 3rd, 2012 11:09am

Ok 10x but how i connect my htm file to the iis?eternals81
November 3rd, 2012 11:42am

Ok i got it. i succeed to browse to my web site from public network. now i need to create name instead of ip so that my clients can remember the site. how do i do it? 10x.eternals81
November 3rd, 2012 1:32pm

Hi, You can map port 3389 on your network device, then directly RDP to your home computer. But take your own risk to open the port 3389 on your computer. For Internet access with domain name, you need to choose a domain registrar to host your records. For the register steps, I would suggest that you contact the vendor registrar for more detailed information. Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
November 3rd, 2012 8:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics