How to configure the netwok for internet as well as to acees domain at the same time
I have a setup which consists of 20 XP client machines.All the machines are able to access the internet.Right now the connectivity is like- A wire coming from the ISP end and inserted into the modem.From this modem another wire is going outside which is inserted into a 24 ports switch.All the machines are directly connected to this switch. Cable from ISP-->Modem--->24 ports Switch-->All the client macines Now I want to create a Windows 2003 domain because I want to configure some group policies and other Windows 2003 features . I know few things like how to create the domain,installation of DNS and DHCP. I want that all of my machines should be able to acces the internet as well as should get the settings from Domain Controller. I tried to do few things in my test lab regarding this but was not successfull.Sometimes if internet is working then domain part is not available to client and if domain part is available then internet is not working,means both the things are not working at the same time.I dont know what configurations should I do in DNS or DHCP or at any other place sothat it start working.Best Regards, Parveen Chauhan Email-parveenc@hcl.in Mobile: +91-9811629793
August 8th, 2010 10:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics