How to configure kerberos authentication on Windows 2008 server
Hi All, I am trying to turn kerberos on Windows 2008 server, but I could not find any real guide which has the complete set of instructions. My Goal is - I have two Windows server 2008 machines. On one machine, we have installed SharePoint 2010. I turned on Kerberos on one of the SharePoint 2010 web applications which is enough for my purpose. Now I want to turn ON kerberos on the other Windows 2008 server machine. Last step is to see whether the communication between these two machines is actually happening with Kerberos Can someone help me find instructions on how to turn Kerberos ON on Windows 2008 server and how to test it whether Kerberos is working or not on that machine. Thanks Carol
August 18th, 2010 4:16am

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 01:16:07 +0000, Carol K S wrote: Can someone help me find instructions on how to turn Kerberos ON on Windows 2008 server and how to test it whether Kerberos is working or not on that machine. Do you have Active Directory? Kerberos requires Active Directory in Windows. Paul Adare MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager http://www.identit.ca
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 18th, 2010 1:01pm

Yes Paul, I do have AD installed on a separate machine. My set up looks like- SharePoint 2010 installed on Windows 2008 server -- Machine 1 AD on a windows machine -- Machine 2 Custom application installed on other Windows 2008 server. I only have "Default Web Site" in this machine, where I have created a virtual directory to host my application - machine3 Now I would like to check whether the communication between Machine1 and machine 3 is happening using Kerberos or not. I have turned kerberos ON on one of the SharePoint web applications. Please let me know if the explanation is not clear. Thanks Carol
August 18th, 2010 4:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics