How to change Windows 2008 CA (Installed ) path from one drive to another in same computer
Hello, I have installed windows 2008 enterprise CA repository on D: drive.Want to move this CA repository form D drive to C drive. I am having some space crunch on C drive and want D partition to delete and extend the C drive partion by using extend partition option available in Disk management on windows 2008 server. I have found few articles but they are to move from one computer to another and my scenario is different. Would appreciate any help to acheive this... Regards, Ankur
January 12th, 2011 5:00am

Sure. From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283193 Use these steps to change the location of the certificate server database and log files: Stop the Certificate Services service.Copy the database files and log files to new location. The default database path is: %SystemRoot%\System32\CertLog Modify the database paths in the following registry entries to reflect the new path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CertSvc\Configuration\DBDirectory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CertSvc\Configuration\DBLogDirectory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CertSvc\Configuration\DBSystemDirectory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CertSvc\Configuration\DBTempDirectory Start the Certificate Services service.Check the Application event log for CertSvc event 26 to verify that the Certificate Services service started successfully.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 18th, 2012 7:13pm

Thanks Kurt! I will test this and will post the results if there is any issue. Thanks, Ankur
April 19th, 2012 5:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics