How to change LACPDU timer setting on Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver

Were installing our first Windows 2012 R2 server, and one of the network settings is different from whats on a comparable Windows 2008 R2 server, and it's not what our network group would like to see connected to their switches.  Both servers have 2 NICs teamed using the LACP protocol and are connected to 2 different switches for high availability.  In both cases I just teamed the NICs with whatever driver was on the server.

On the 2008 R2 server (the one our network group likes), its an Intel driver, Intel(R) Advanced Network Services Virtual Adapter.  On the 2012 R2 server its a Microsoft driver, Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver.  The setting that our network group is concerned about is the LACPDU timer setting.  Apparently it can be either fast or slow.  What they see on the switches is that on the 2008 Intel driver NICs the setting is slow and on the 2012 Microsoft driver NICs the setting is fast.  The switches are expecting slow.

I spent some time searching on Microsoft.com and other places, as well as poking around on the server, but I couldnt find that setting or how to change it on the Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver.  Does anyone know how I can change it?  Thanks!
May 21st, 2014 10:37am

Hi,

According to my knowledge, we cant change the value of LACP timer.

Here is a related question,

How to change LACP timer-value on Windows server 2012 Network Teaming, from short to long?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/05e2761f-e165-44f6-9bed-d91e9eeba687/how-to-change-lacp-timervalue-on-on-windows-server-2012-network-teaming-from-short-to-long

Hope this helps.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 22nd, 2014 6:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics