How to change AD to static IP and make it a Global Catalog?
How to change AD to static IP and make it a Global Catalog?
August 9th, 2012 1:06pm

How to change AD to static IP and make it a Global Catalog? It appears banned user stuckFree has a new name now !Please give credit to the contributor who really helped you with the issues.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 9th, 2012 1:12pm

Hello, I guess you mean to change static IP of an DC. Changing TCP/IP settings using the GUI property is very easy and simple. Please do some research before asking in Technet forum. To promote an DC to a GC, refer to the below Microsoft KB. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296882 Thanks
August 9th, 2012 10:42pm

Hi Zhang, Thank for the link now i know how to promote global catalog by default i don't have to change anything if i only have 1 domain controller by default is a global catalog right? But can you explain these 2 pragraph that i read from the link that you provided that i didn't understand everything. When a user logs on to the network, the global catalog server provides universal group membership information for the account that sends the logon request to the domain controller.The global catalog server lets a member of the domain find Active Directory directory service information regardless of the domain in the forest that contains the data.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 10th, 2012 12:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics