How to change ADSL PPPoE connection subnet mask?
i installed Draytek Vigor 120 ADSL2+ modem which suppose to pass subnet mask to computer directly http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor120.html my ISP assigned me block of 8 static ip addresses connection established successfully using "Set up a new connection or network wizard" but when i check status it shows subnet mask 255.255.255.255 for LAN adapter i can change both ip and subnet mask but when i click on properties of dial-up connection there is no option to change subnet mask shown. in order for traffic to flow to my another assigned ip addresses it must be mask for that connection 255.255.255.248? or there is another way to pass traffic to and from ISP without installing hardware router?
March 21st, 2011 12:21pm

You use RRAS in Windows Server. You establish your network connection through a PPPoE interface in RRAS. You then set up NAT using the PPPoE interface as your public interface for NAT. You then assign your public address range to NAT as a pool of addresses. The actual connection will have a 255.255.255.255 netmask because it is a point-to-point connection. Your machines on the LAN will have private addresses. You can map your public IPs from the pool to private LAN IPs through NAT on the RRAS server (just as you would on a hardware router). The LAN adapter of the server should have its default gateway blank. The LAN machines use this NIC as their gateway address. This should happen automatically through the DHCP server in NAT (again, just like a hardware router). Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 21st, 2011 7:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics