How to capture, read, understand, and analysis network packets, trace, or traffic ??
Hello, Well to introduce myself, i would say that i am a novice is this field. You can consider me as good as a dummy. And i am interested in learning and mastering the art of reading, understaing, and analysing network traces, packets, or traffic. I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could guide me on where to begin from, which books to read and what methodology to follow. Many Thanks, DashananDashanan
May 7th, 2011 3:43pm

Hi Customer, You could use network monitor 3.4 tool to analysis network packets. Network Monitor 3.4 has Released(include network monitor blog page, download page, forum page) http://blogs.technet.com/b/netmon/archive/2010/06/28/network-monitor-3-4-has-released.aspx How to capture network traffic with Network Monitor http://support.microsoft.com/kb/148942 Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 9th, 2011 4:10am

Hello Rick, Thanks a lot for your reply. I guess i did not put my query correctly. I saw NetMon blogs. I think they expect that you already have certain amount of knowledge about technologies and are able to understand what is written in them. I am at level 0 and need to begin from there. I am more interested in learning the technnology from scratch. That's where I need guidance and help. Thanks again, Manoj Dashanan
May 9th, 2011 8:03am

Go to your favorite book reseller and search for Wireshark. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with any Netmon specific books, but there are a few that concern packet capture analysis with Wireshark. While I haven't read any specifically (used a few as reference) I think most of them start pretty basic and work up to more complex concepts. Thanks!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 9th, 2011 10:59am

Hi Customer, You need to know TCP/IP model knowledge first, then learn to how to use packet capture software.Regards, Rick Tan
May 10th, 2011 3:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics