How to backup operational logs for long term lookup

Hi,

The general available azure portal (manage.windowsazure.com) shows operation logs only for last 7 days. I could not find any facility to extend the retention period for long term usage. Please help me by sharing the details how to backup operation logs and display for long term. 

And also I would like to know, where it is storing the operational log details and each resource log details shown in the graph.

Thanks,

Ansar

ansar.pa@tcs.com

April 22nd, 2015 5:37am

Hi,

Operation Logs is a Windows Azure Management portal feature which allows you to view historical logs of all Create/Update/Delete (CUD) operations performed on your Azure services. It allows you to go back in time up to as much as 90 days to view what and when an operation was performed along with its status if it succeeded or failed.

You might also want to refer to the below article for more information

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/azuremobile/archive/2013/11/26/operation-logs.aspx

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Sowmya

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 22nd, 2015 9:26am

Thanks Soumya for your Reply.

I would like to backup these operational logs into any of my storage for future reference as Azure provides last 90 days data only. 

Please provide me the details if there any mechanism to achieve this backup using management portal or powershell script or management API.

Thanks,

Ansar

April 23rd, 2015 7:29am

Hi,

As of now, we do not have a solution for viewing Operational Logs beyond 90 Days period

Regards,

Sowmya

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2015 5:24am

Hi,

As of now, we do not have a solution for viewing Operational Logs beyond 90 Days period

Regards,

Sowmya

April 30th, 2015 9:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics