How to add an exclusion to Data Execution Prevention (DEP) through registry?
Is there a way to add an exclusion in DEP in Windows 2003 using registry? My OS is x64 and application is 32-bit. I tried adding through registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlag\Layers with the value "DisableNXShowUI". After adding manually through registry, I can see the entry coming in DEP tab but the program crashes when I launch. Any help in this regard is much appreciated. Thanks, Tom
December 7th, 2011 7:16am

Hi, Is your application compatible with 64bit of operating system? Did you get any issue if you run the application directly without DEP enabled? Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 8th, 2011 10:52am

Hi Vincent, I don't know if the application is compatible with 64bit. Without adding it to DEP exclusion, I'm getting error on launch. If you mean disabling DEP altogether using boot.ini, I didn't try that. We cannot use that in the environment. Thanks, Tom
December 9th, 2011 4:41am

Hi, Please try to contact the application developer to check whether the application is compatible with 64bit of Windows Server 2003. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 13th, 2011 2:04am

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Please find below the solution: rundll32 sysdm.cpl, NoExecuteAddFileOptOutList "FullPathToExecutable" This command worked for a 32-bit executable in Windows Server 2003 64-bit environment. Regards, Tom
December 14th, 2011 12:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics