How to access mapped drives when using elevated command prompt in Windows Server 2008 R2?
I run the command prompt using the "Run as administrator" but it seems that I cannot access mapped drives of the current window login user or any mapped drives which have been mapped when I logged in as the local administrator. Does it mean that I need to remap those drives within the command prompt?
November 6th, 2011 7:59pm

Does it mean that I need to remap those drives within the command prompt? Yes. You can use the following command to map the drives: net use Z: \\server\share /persistent:yes OR net use * \\server\share The first line is similar to checking the box 'Reconnect at logon' and the second line will map a drive with whatever letter is available. Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP Engineering Efficiency @Rich_Prescott Client System Administration tool AD User Creation tool
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 6th, 2011 8:07pm

Hi, I would like to confirm that how did you map the drive. Whether you follow the steps below or by using Group Policy: 1. Right click Network, choose Map network drive. 2. Set drive letter and Folder. Check Reconnect at logon. Have you check Connect using different credentials? As far as I know that as long as users have permissions to the shared folder, they would be able to connect to the mapped drive. Please run net use to see whether you could see all shared folders in your system including the mapped drive. If yes, and adding that the status of the mapped drive is OK, then we would be able to access it by type the Local label of the mapped drive. Hope this helps. Best Regards, Yan Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 7th, 2011 12:47am

Hi, I would like to confirm that how did you map the drive. Whether you follow the steps below or by using Group Policy: 1. Right click Network, choose Map network drive. 2. Set drive letter and Folder. Check Reconnect at logon. Have you check Connect using different credentials? As far as I know that as long as users have permissions to the shared folder, they would be able to connect to the mapped drive. Please run net use to see whether you could see all shared folders in your system including the mapped drive. If yes, and adding that the status of the mapped drive is OK, then we would be able to access it by type the Local label of the mapped drive. Hope this helps. Best Regards, Yan Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 7th, 2011 8:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics