How to access Read Access Geo-Redundant storage

Hi,

I recently enabled the Read Access Geo-Redundant feature on all my storage accounts and now I want to validate to see if the blobs have actually been replicated.  For example, I can access my primary storage account "mystorage.core.windows.net" using Cloudberry.  However, I can't use CloudBerry to access the secondary storage.  I tried the following:

• "mystorage-secondary.core.windows.net"
  • "mystorage-secondary.blob.core.windows.net"

Am I missing something?  Thanks

• Edited by Ultragc88 Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:55 PM
March 19th, 2014 6:45pm

Hi,

It seems we need to use cloudberry to reproduce this issue, I think this issue was more related with this tool, CloudBerry Forum may be a good place for you to get more useful advises, please move to Cloudberry forum, this forum link is: http://www.cloudberrylab.com/forum/default.aspx

Best Regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 20th, 2014 11:19am

No it is not just for CloudBerry.  I have the same issue with Azure Storage Explorer.  If you look at the sample endpoints below, I can't get to it using any of the mentioned tools.  The crazy thing is, I have not found anyh document from Microsoft on how/what tool(s) I can use.

• "mystorage-secondary"
  • "mystorage-secondary.core.windows.net"
  • "mystorage-secondary.blob.core.windows.net"

March 20th, 2014 6:58pm

Hi,

Does your issue has been fixed now? Windows Azure storage service was interrupted in these days, please see more at: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/service-dashboard/ , in addition, the storage service name must met this rule The field can contain only lowercase letters and numbers.

Hope this helps

March 21st, 2014 4:47am

No.  The storage accounts are named correctly.  My issue is, how do I connect to the "Read Access Geo-Redundant" storage accounts to verify that everything is there?
March 21st, 2014 7:06am

On a secondary, actually there is a way to test RA-GRS. However, you have to write some code. If you use .NET storage library 3.0, you have new capabilities to send requests to secondary location only. Just set LocationMode to SecondaryOnly. Refer to http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazurestorage/archive/2013/12/04/introducing-read-access-geo-replicated-storage-ra-grs-for-windows-azure-storage.aspx for more information. You can't use Cloudberry, though. It was not designed for RA-GRS. When computing the authorization header, you should not include the part "-secondary". If you use an earlier version of storage library (Cloudberry may use it), the complete DNS is used to calculate the Authorization header. Similarly, many other storage tools do not support secondary location today. Perhaps a future update of those tools will support it.
March 26th, 2014 12:27pm

Have you tried just putting mystorageaccount-secondary into the Account Name field (without all the rest stuff)?

What error do you get?

• Edited by IvanP_CBL 15 hours 12 minutes ago
March 26th, 2014 3:38pm

Have you tried just putting mystorageaccount-secondary into the Account Name field (without all the rest stuff)?

What error do you get?

• Edited by IvanP_CBL Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:33 PM
March 26th, 2014 10:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics