How to Turn off Windows Defender in Win 2008 Server R2
Hello, RE: My OS is Windoes 2008 Server R2 My firewall and antiVirus software is VIPRE from Sunbelt Software. I do not need Windows Defender. How do I TURN IT OFF. I keep getting windows updates for Defender which I do not need. thanks in advance.
December 24th, 2010 3:27pm

Open Defender go to Tools -> Options -> administrator and untick use this program MCSA, MCSE, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCTS:Exchange Server 2010 Config, CCNA
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 24th, 2010 6:56pm

Hi, You can find and open Windows Defender in Control Panel. Then, use Shimon1’s suggestion to turn off it. Meanwhile, you can also achieve your goal by enabling this group policy: [Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Defender: Turn off Windows Defender] Hope it helps. Regards, BruceThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 27th, 2010 12:41am

yes, I like this solution much better. I was also thinking of disabling it thru the registry. thanks again,
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 27th, 2010 8:38am

Hi, Glad to hear the information I provided was useful. If you have more questions in the future, you’re welcomed to this forum. Regards, BruceThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 28th, 2010 12:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics