How to Star/Stop Merge Replication is option is disabled

Hi,

I have the merge replication (push) and theright-click option for Start and Stop Synchronizing in subscriptions has been disabled.

I changed the heartbeat interval to 20 and this error happened 1 week after I created the merge replication. The merge data cannot sync to subscriber and only solution I can use is drop and re-create the merge replication again but error would be re-occur a week later.

Any other solutions?

Thanks
June 29th, 2015 2:42am

Hi Teddy,

Please check that if you can synchronize subscription by using one of the following methods, if you still fail to synchronize it, please post the full error message for analysis.

To synchronize a push subscription in SSMS (at the Publisher), you can perform the following steps.

Expand the Replication folder, and then expand the Local Publications folder.
2. Expand the publication for which you want to synchronize subscriptions.
3. Right-click the subscription you want to synchronize, and then click View Synchronization Status.
4. In the View Synchronization Status - <Subscriber>:<SubscriptionDatabase> dialog box, click Start.

To start the merge agent to synchronize a push subscription to a merge publication, execute replmerg.exe. You can refer to the example in this blog, please note that  SubscriptionType should be set to 0 for push subscription.

In addition, select the View Details in your screenshot to check detailed error message and post it in this forum.

Reference:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151169(v=sql.120).aspx

Thanks,
Lydia

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2015 10:47pm

Thanks for reply Lydia, already tried and that what I get from "view detail"

Question

You cannot vote on your own post===================================
SQL Server is unable to complete the operation. (View Synchronization Status)

------------------------------
For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.1600.22&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.SubscriptionSyncErrorSR&EvtID=CantComplete&LinkId=20476

===================================

An error occurred while attempting to access the subscription. (View Synchronization Status)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.MergeSubSyncPush..ctor(PropertiesStartContext startCtxt, IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.LaunchSubscriptionSync.PrepareToShow()

===================================

To synchronize, you must first create an agent job for this subscription.  (View Synchronization Status)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.MergeSubSyncPush..ctor(PropertiesStartContext startCtxt, IServiceProvider serviceProvider)

June 29th, 2015 11:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics