How to Pause RoboCopy command

I am copying a huge file using robocopy. I can run the robocopy only for few hours per day so looking for a way to pause and resume the robocopy. one way I can think of this cmd promt's  mark mode. in cmd promt when you right click and click mark, output in cmd promt freezes. I am not sure if it also suspend/pause the process or it just pauses the output only.  for example when run a ping -t localhost command and hit right click and hit mark. it will stop displaying ping result so here not sure if actually stops pinging or just output is paused.

any thoughts? has anyone tested this?

June 4th, 2013 11:37pm

I don't think you can pause and resume in robocopy, not that i'm aware of.

but you can try tera copy

TeraCopy is designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed. It skips bad files during the copying process, and then displays them at the end of the transfer so that you can see which ones need attention. TeraCopy can automatically check the copied files for errors by calculating their CRC checksum values. It also provides a lot more information about the files being copied than its Windows counterpart. TeraCopy integrates with Windows Explorer's right-click menu and can be set as the default copy handler.

• Copy files fasterTeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce the seek times. Asynchronous copying speeds up the file transfer between two physical hard drives.
  • Pause and resume file transfer activitiesPause the copy process at any time in order to free up system resources and continue with a single click.

http://codesector.com/teracopy

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 5th, 2013 1:24am

Just hitting the Pause button on the keyboard seems to do the trick for me. Just hit "Pause" to pause it and then hit Enter to resume it again.
  • Proposed as answer by jjohnso2 Friday, January 23, 2015 4:42 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2014 7:29pm

The Pause key. Awesome. Sure enough, it works! Hahahahaha. Thanks @jumper4000 for taking the time to post that!

March 11th, 2015 11:55pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics