How to Change / Manage VPN users on Windows 2012

Hi

I have a Windows 2012 standard server and installed and configured RRAS for a VPN. Everything is working fine for about a year but I now can't find (don't remember) where or how to change or add a new VPN user and set their password in order for them to use the VPN. One user's credentials stopped working and I need to recreate or reset her VPN access password.

I have searched the TechNet and it tells me how to setup the VPN but there is no clue on how to add / manage users on the server side of the VPN.

Any help link or guidance on how to manage the users of a vpn on the 2012 Standard server side would be appreciated.

Thanks

August 19th, 2015 9:53pm

Hi Morris,

If you are controlling permissions through domain user group, we could modify the accounts in Active Directory Users and Computers.

If through User accounts, open Properties of user in Active Directory Users and Computers and choose Dial-in tab.

If you are using local user,we could open Computer Management and expand Local Users and Groups.

Best Regards,

Leo

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 3:59am

Thanks for your reply. I will try it out.
August 20th, 2015 10:41pm

Hi Leo

I followed your directions and can expand the local users and groups and I can even open the properties for the user I am interested in, but I don't see anywhere to set/change the VPN password that the user needs to enter when they make a VPN connection.

Where do I set the user's VPN password?

Thanks

August 31st, 2015 12:13pm

Hi Morris,

Right click on the user, and click Set password.

The password of VPN is the same as the password that used to logon a computer.

Best Regards,

Leo

August 31st, 2015 9:30pm

Hi Leo

That helped.

Thanks

August 31st, 2015 11:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics