How to CC: Someone on an incident via the SM Portal

I am setting up SCSM to replace an existing service desk solution.  I have been able to emulate all of the features in the current system except for one "CC:"

Currently, users can chose a user to CC: on an incident when they put in a request via the portal (on the old system, spiceworks). When they are filing out the form to put in a new incident there is a field there that says "CC: User" and they can just type in a name and check it in AD.

Does anyone know how I can do that with SCSM?

• Edited by TheFunnyMan Monday, January 20, 2014 7:31 PM
January 20th, 2014 6:16pm

If anyone is reading this post I could really use some help.

I have tried to see if I can add a second "affected user" to an incident or Service Request and no luck there.

I have tried to see if I can figure something out in the workflow and nothing there.

Also I have not had any luck toying with just notifications.

Help! :)

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 23rd, 2014 12:07am

Hi,

If I understood you correctly, you want to have an additional user field for incidents and service requests. Probably the purpose of that is informing about related news linked to registered tickets. And you probably also want to get this field in the incident's and service request's forms.

If all above-mentioned correct that all you need is created a new relationship in a new management pack, customize incident and SR forms in Authoring console (using the same management pack), seal a management pack and import it in Server Manager. After that you will be able to use this custom fields in request offerings for the self-service p

January 23rd, 2014 7:56am

Hello,

Why you not use the Primary Owner to store the CC?

Other way is create a new relations in Incident Management, but you need to be careful and create a MP to populate your DW with this relation.

If you do not do this, you will not be able to generate reports with this information (new relation).

Regards

JG

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 24th, 2014 12:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics