How long does MS keep hosted exchange data after licensing is expired?
For a few years before a partial company sale, our management thought it correct to keep an offsite backup of our exchange data. To accomplish this my predecessor purchased licenses for our users to have hosted exchange with Microsoft and this kept one copy on-site and a second copy the users didn't know about at Microsoft.  After the sale was complete and all the kinks were ironed out, we discontinued the $20,000/year service as it was deemed unnecessary.  Until now....  My owner would like to recover a mailbox of one user that was with us before the sale.  The sale was complete in January 2014 and all the users that went with the other company lost their mailboxes here in May 2014 when we didn't renew the hosted exchange.  Can Microsoft recover that exchange database from 13 months ago for a price????  And who do you get that information from as hosted exchange no longer exists and 365 is an entirely different animal doing the same work.
June 29th, 2015 5:35pm

For a few years before a partial company sale, our management thought it correct to keep an offsite backup of our exchange data. To accomplish this my predecessor purchased licenses for our users to have hosted exchange with Microsoft and this kept one copy on-site and a second copy the users didn't know about at Microsoft.  After the sale was complete and all the kinks were ironed out, we discontinued the $20,000/year service as it was deemed unnecessary.  Until now....  My owner would like to recover a mailbox of one user that was with us before the sale.  The sale was complete in January 2014 and all the users that went with the other company lost their mailboxes here in May 2014 when we didn't renew the hosted exchange.  Can Microsoft recover that exchange database from 13 months ago for a price????  And who do you get that information from as hosted exchange no longer exists and 365 is an entirely different animal doing the same work.

Do you have a sales rep or someone like a TAM? If not, you will probably have to open a ticket with Microsoft support. I don't think anyone here can answer that definitively

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2015 5:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics