How logon as service works
How logon as service works What happens if we gave logon as service permission
July 16th, 2012 3:58am

Following discussion might help Exact extent / meaning of Log on as a service permission (W2K, W2K3)? http://serverfault.com/questions/154125/exact-extent-meaning-of-log-on-as-a-service-permission-w2k-w2k3I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. ... .- -. - --- ... ....
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 16th, 2012 4:38am

Hi, Log on as a service determines which service accounts can register a process as a service. This user right is defined in the Default Domain Controller Group Policy object (GPO) and in the local security policy of workstations and servers. By default, no accounts have the privilege to log on as a service. Regards, Rafic If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
July 16th, 2012 4:46am

Thanks the moment i set the service with a domain user they if they automatically get assigned the "Log on as a service" permission, why some application developers asking to set the permission explicitly . And i believe if the logon as service permission set properly , the services will start automatically (now if i reboot i have to type the password again and start manually) without any manual start . what a user can gain on a local machine if we give logon as service privilege.if i rephrase it ,what privileges an administrator blindly giving to a user by giving Log on as a service" permission
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 16th, 2012 3:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics