How install download Server OS or appl from e-academy?
Folks, I'm ordering some OS's and appls from this msdn e-academy while I go to school for MS SQL Server and I'm not sure how I'm suppossed to install the ones that download. Things like Visual Studio 2010 obviously you just run the .exe/install file. On your current C: drive. But for Exchange Server 2008 R2, for example - that's it's own OS, so if I want to load it on a fresh drive, and not dual boot or something, how do I install it? Do I have to run the file from my current OS drive onto the drive it will reside on? I haven't downloaded anything yet and haven't read any instructions. Just want to be ahead of the game as far as planning on what to do. Thank you. Sincerely, Mac
April 24th, 2012 10:04pm

Folks, But for Exchange Server 2008 R2, for example - that's it's own OS, so if I want to load it on a fresh drive, and not dual boot or something, how do I install it? Do I have to run the file from my current OS drive onto the drive it will reside on? I haven't downloaded anything yet and haven't read any instructions. Just want to be ahead of the game as far as planning on what to do. Thank you. Sincerely, Dave D. Hello Dave, There is NO such product named Exchange Server 2008 R2. I assume, you meant to say, Windows Server 2008 R2. You can check the video tutorial on How to Install Windows Server 2008 R2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEx5ZV7mALE OR Refer step by step article on How to Install Windows Server 2008 R2 with screen shots http://www.howtogeek.com/50036/how-to-install-windows-server-2008-r2/ If you have further questions on this aspect, please feel free to post them here.A UNIVERSE without WINDOWS is CHAOS ! This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. About Me !!!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 24th, 2012 10:14pm

Hi Mac, Please let us know which OS or application exactly you wish to order from MSDN e-academy. The installation process shall be similar with the installation process of a retail version OS/application. If we encounter problem regarding the installation of products which are ordered from MSDN e-academy, we can also contact e-academy support for help. http://msdn.e-academy.com/elms/StorefrontSupport/MsdnaaStorefrontSupportMain.aspx?campus=demo&np1=17 Regards Kevin TechNet Community Support
April 25th, 2012 12:37am

Dave or Mac ! Please show some courtesy and give your feedback whether the responses helped or not. Its really awful that, people are eager to know the answers however fail to say some good words who have helped them.Thanks !
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2012 8:52am

OK K Seeker, As you can see I'm pretty good about giving Thanks. I'll have to check the exact titles when I'm ready to download. As soon as I download an OS I'm sure there will be instructions. Just seems confusing w/o a disc, as the file will already be on one disk w/an OS already on it. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Thanx, Mac
April 26th, 2012 10:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics