How do you print from Microsoft Edge?
I have followed all the instructions that I have found on printing from Edge and still nothing is printing? Why can we just have a printer Icon to click?
August 21st, 2015 1:26pm

You can't have the printer icon because it is an ActiveX control, which is no longer supported in Edge. As you are running Windows 10 you have two options, use Internet Explorer 11 (which is still installed) or download the report as a PDF and print it.
  • Proposed as answer by Milan Das 30 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 2:38pm

You can't have the printer icon because it is an ActiveX control, which is no longer supported in Edge. As you are running Windows 10 you have two options, use Internet Explorer 11 (which is still installed) or download the report as a PDF and print it.
August 21st, 2015 2:38pm

Hi, 

According to your description, when opening a report in Edge, the print button is invisible, right? 

Based on my research, it is because the Reporting Services Active X print experience cannot work with edge.  The team is working on a PDF based replacement for the next version of Reporting Services. For your requirement, we suggest you can use IE 11 to achieve your goal. 

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Shrek Li

August 24th, 2015 2:34am

Hi, 

According to your description, when opening a report in Edge, the print button is invisible, right? 

Based on my research, it is because the Reporting Services Active X print experience cannot work with edge.  The team is working on a PDF based replacement for the next version of Reporting Services. For your requirement, we suggest you can use IE 11 to achieve your goal. 

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Shrek Li

August 24th, 2015 6:32am

I thought Windows 10 was suppose to be an improvement. Why make life more difficult.
September 9th, 2015 11:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics