How do i take backup of last 20 days, or last 2 months

Hi,

How do i take full backup of last 20 days transactions, and i can use that backup to restore those 20 days transactions. Can you suggest if that can be done?

Thanks,

August 21st, 2015 10:33am

I would say you can script the table with option of schema and data and then use that to destination. This is assuming that transactions happened to a single table.

Other possible options are based on your recovery model. If your DB is using Full recovery model, then you can use your transaction log backup .

Say you have weekly full backup and daily incremental and hourly transaction log. You can restore based on what you need.

Backup Overview

"All your transactions(Committed) for 20 days will be included in backup you taken after that "

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 10:50am

You can not directly backup parts of data, only the complete database
August 21st, 2015 10:55am

Hi,

How do i take full backup of last 20 days transactions, and i can use that backup to restore those 20 days transactions. Can you suggest if that can be done?

Thanks,

August 21st, 2015 11:11am

Hey thanks for your reply. So, i believe if the data is written to multiple tables, it would not be possible to take the backup of that specified period of time as Olaf also suggested it is not possible to take part backups, and we can only take full backup.

Thanks,
AD

August 21st, 2015 12:01pm

Copy data to other schema, which is designated as the backup schema, and it can be the way per your
August 21st, 2015 10:24pm

Do you mean copying the data to other new table from each of the tables where the data of last 20 days is sitting. Can you try to make this clear please? And, either way i can not be able to take back up of that table only right?

Thanks,

AD

August 21st, 2015 11:54pm

OK, the tables in your current PRODUCTION schema are growing right?

You can have table trigger or scheduled process to copy relevant data into one specific schema, and further to have backup to such s

August 21st, 2015 11:58pm

In addition to previous responses: 

It is of course true that you can not directly backup parts of data, only the complete database, but you can replicate part of the data by element. But if you are looking for part of the data in the same element (like part of the rows in table) then as Shanky said you should copy the data using simple query and filter ("where" condition)

* SQL Server provides several types of replication. Replication is type of backup. using replication you can replicate specific table for example. check if this tutorial help you and if this fit your needs: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/715550/SQL-Server-Replication-Step-by-Step.

* It will help to know what version and edition of SQL Server you are using since each on have different op

August 28th, 2015 3:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics