How do i reformat my disk drives, ultimately erasing server 2008 R2?
You can boot the 2008 installation media again, then during setup delete existing partition(s), recreate and or format as needed and then abort the installation. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
December 24th, 2011 6:00am

Hi, You don’t have to uninstall Windows Server 2008 R2. As Dave mentioned, you can boot the computer from Windows Server 2008 R2 disk and then format the partition where Windows Server 2008 R2 installed, you can also delete that partition and then create a new partition. You can also boot from the Xenserver installation disk to format the partition if it has such an tool in the installation wizard. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 24th, 2011 10:16am

Hi, You don’t have to uninstall Windows Server 2008 R2. As Dave mentioned, you can boot the computer from Windows Server 2008 R2 disk and then format the partition where Windows Server 2008 R2 installed, you can also delete that partition and then create a new partition. You can also boot from the Xenserver installation disk to format the partition if it has such an tool in the installation wizard. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
December 24th, 2011 6:12pm

I accidentally installed Server 2008 R2 first, before installing Citrix Xenserver. I understand that i need to wipe or reformat my disks clean of server 2008 R2, so i can start a fresh install with Xenserver, then load Server 2008 in to the individual virtual machines. Can anyone give me step by step instructions of how to remove or uninstall server 2008 R2?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 24th, 2011 7:09pm

You can boot the 2008 installation media again, delete existing partition(s), recreate and or format as needed and then abort the installation. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
December 24th, 2011 10:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics