How do i hide a field in a customized form so that it does not show for the users in SCSM Console

Hi,

the Visibility Property defines, if the Object is visible or not.

In your Case you are able to hide the field. 

There are 3 possible Values for the Visibilty Property. Visible, Hidden and Collapsed. The difference between Hidden and collapsed is, that hidden items "reserve" the place of the field. So you don't see a white Area instead of the control. Collapsed means, that you can't see the field or something else.

Just add the following code in your Presentation/Forms/Form/Customization XML Node at the Botton:

<PropertyChange Object="YOURFIELD" Property="Visibility">
            <NewValue>Collapsed</NewValue>
          </PropertyChange>

Just edit the "YOURFIELD"

Greets

August 2nd, 2013 7:53am

I have an home made MP for Applications. I have made an form with fields connected to attributes in the class.
After some time I see that one of the fields in the form is not needed right now, but maybe later. So I do not want to delete it from the form or the class. In Authoring Tool I see that there is an option named "Visibility".
But what does that option do and how does it work. The other problem I have is that I probably need to do the change in the XML code because the field is outside the visible area in Authoring Tool.

Please give me a helping hand.

/Jonas

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 3rd, 2013 3:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics