How do I view current remote users?
I have a server 2008r2 that mutiple users log into, where can I view who is currently logged into the machine?
August 17th, 2012 9:24am

Hi, If your running terminal services on your server, you go into the terminal services manager and it will show you all the active connections. Other wise you can go to task manager and the user tab to see the logged in users. You can also see the active sessions by going to computer management-->shared folders-->sessions. This is what you are expecting, if not please post a detailed query so that we can give better suggestions.Regards, Rafic If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 17th, 2012 9:30am

Or you can go to Task Manager and click "Show Processes from all users" This will show you who is logged, and what currently runningBest regards Dubravko Marak MCP Blog: Windows Server Administration Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 17th, 2012 6:15pm

You can use quser from a command prompt.
August 19th, 2012 9:28am

You can use quser from a command prompt.
August 19th, 2012 9:28am

QUSER (query user) is applicable only for Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista However this is the best way to find the users connected.
August 20th, 2012 6:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics