How do I uninstall dual booting from 2 different disks?
Do you recall the password for the Administrator account to enter Recovery Console now? If not, you may try the repair Windows option which also known as In-place upgrade. An in-place upgrade will usually solve most Windows boot problems. Boot from a Windows XP CD, you'll see the Windows XP Setup screen. Press[Enter] to launch the Windows XP Setup procedure. In a moment, you'll see the License Agreement page and will need to press F8 to acknowledge that you agree. Setup will then search the hard disk looking for a previous installation of Windows XP. When it finds the previous installation, it will prompt you to press R to repair the selected installation. Thanks Zhang
October 22nd, 2012 10:19pm

I have windows xp professional installed on my first disk, and windows server 2008 enterprise on my second hard disk. I cannot boot into my windows xp professional because apparently you cannot dual boot between 2 different hard disks, they must be on the same disk. I knew about dual booting, but I did NOT know they HAD to be on the same disk. X-( How do I go about uninstalling windows server 2008 enterprise from my second disk so that I can boot from my windows xp professional on my first disk. When the boot loader loads during start-up it lists: Earlier version of Windows Microsoft Windows Server 2008 EasyBCD BIOS Extender When I select Earlier Version of Windows, this is what it says: Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information. I am certain that the disk works because I have run it on a different PC recently after I got this message a month ago. The Microsoft Windows Server 2008 works fine and boots normally, and the EasyBCD BIOS Extender is a tool so that I can boot from USB. Can anyone please help me, any help would be GREATLY Appreciated.Shane A Lynn
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 3rd, 2012 1:12pm

Dual booting with two disks is not a problem. You didn't by chance swap the disks when you did the installs? Typically to repair the XP boot sector you would start the recovery console and issue the command; fixboot C: Also make sure the system partiton is marked as active. If necessary you can boot a win98 startup disk, run fdisk to mark the partition as active. http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm You can also ask them more here. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-system?tm=1350937931272 Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
November 3rd, 2012 2:03pm

Do I do this from the windows server 2008 install disks and click repair my computer and use command prompt to do that??Shane A Lynn
November 3rd, 2012 4:58pm

To start the XP recovery console boot the installation media. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
November 3rd, 2012 5:01pm

Ok, I used the XP CD and started the Recovery Console, but i dont have an Administrator Password set yet it asks for one, And If i do have a password then I have no idea what it is. I havent been able to boot into my Windows XP in over 3 months.Shane A Lynn
November 3rd, 2012 6:23pm

I'd ask them here about possible password recovery options. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-system?tm=1350937931272 Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
November 3rd, 2012 6:27pm

Do you recall the password for the Administrator account to enter Recovery Console now? If not, you may try the repair Windows option which also known as In-place upgrade. An in-place upgrade will usually solve most Windows boot problems. Boot from a Windows XP CD, you'll see the Windows XP Setup screen. Press[Enter] to launch the Windows XP Setup procedure. In a moment, you'll see the License Agreement page and will need to press F8 to acknowledge that you agree. Setup will then search the hard disk looking for a previous installation of Windows XP. When it finds the previous installation, it will prompt you to press R to repair the selected installation. Thanks Zhang
November 3rd, 2012 7:50pm

Quick question. I have the original Windows XP Home Edition Repair Disk For my Gateway PC. The OS installed is Windows XP Professional. Will this mess anything up going through the repair disk??Shane A Lynn
November 3rd, 2012 8:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics