How do I fix an installation error?
When I purchased the new hardware for the school where I work it was ordered without an OS. I have Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition on hand and planned on using it. I've run into a problem since the initial installation and that is I didn't format the entire drive with the OS and now I can't go in and change anything. When trying to "repair" or "set up" Windows with the disc it tells me that "set up didn't find any hard drives installed" and wants me to quit the installation process.
July 26th, 2010 9:11pm

A lot of times with Windows 2003 on newer hardware you need to install a 3rd Party driver... typically you push F6 during the setup process when prompted at the bottom of the screen (on the blue text setup screen). This will let you see the drive controller and drives. My guess is the hardware you are on has a SCSI/SATA/RAID type disk setup. Usually the OEM of the hardware will have drivers available for download to do this.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 26th, 2010 9:29pm

Thank you for the info but unfortunately my server still isn't detecting the drive information. I'm tempted to just do a "format C:\" and call it good but I'm not sure if that will help either.
July 27th, 2010 8:39pm

Hi Darrell, Do you mean after following the method of Jason provided to loading addiction driver during installation and install program still can't recognize disk device? What about in BIOS ? if it still not be recognized, I suggest to consult with the factory to check if the device working correctly. There is an old thread which discusses similar situation for you reference: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/thread/12fc8159-bca4-4e41-aa2c-304a3e213d16 Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 28th, 2010 6:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics