How do I enable multiple users to log into a client pc simotaneously (Clients are joined to a domain running SBS2008)
Hello, I have a SBS2008 domain controller that manages 8 client PC's. I would like to enable anyone who is in the domain users group to log in locally to 2 of the XP Professional clients while others are logged on to those 2 clients simotaneously (A max of 3 users at once per client). As of now, when a user is logged on, that user must first log out before another may use the client. I have looked through local and group polocies on both the local machines and the domain controller with no luck. If this is not possible, how do I automatically log out a user after 30 minutes of no activity to free up the client for another user? Thanks!
November 20th, 2011 9:28pm

With the windows xp,vista,7(all the client os) two users cannot work simultaniously.Therefore you should use Windows remote desktop services on windows 2008 r2. Darshana Jayathilake
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 21st, 2011 2:58am

Hi WAdams916, Thanks for posting here. Please understand that only one session will be allowed to logon Windows Client version computers whatever locally or remotely via RDP simultaneously. This is by design. Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 22nd, 2011 3:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics