How do I edit a package?

I'm sorry this question is so fundamental, but that's where I'm at. I've started a new job. I found a problem in the SQL that's a part of a SSIS package written by a third party, which is in our SQL Server 2008 R2 database. I've discussed this with the third party person; she's given me the necessary changes to the SQL. But I don't know what to do next.

We've got this package on a test database server. I've got SSIS open to Stored Packages and have drilled down to the necessary folders to find it. But beyond that I don't know what to do. I understand that BIDS is involved, but that's as far as my understand of it goes.

What do I do

April 28th, 2015 4:00pm

If you are able to find the package, open it with BIDS (Start-->Microsoft SQL Server 2008 -->SQL Server BIDS), Then you should open VS 2008, click file-->open-->file, choose the package location. 
  • Marked as answer by Doctor-Who 9 hours 36 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2015 4:33pm

You need to export the package to disk (right click).

Then once on disk take to where there is BIDS 2008 and create a new SSIS project in it, then add this package as existing package (right-click on the Packages folder) and you will be able to edit and test run it.

April 28th, 2015 4:49pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics