How do I control the location of the folder for temporary files created during download?
Hello: I have set the temp folder to f:\temp under IE/Options. But when I initiate a download from a webpage, it seems to copy to "c:\users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\..." I am running out of space on C: and it's aborting the download. How can I make it use F:\temp for storing these temporary files? Thanks. Venki
February 26th, 2008 8:21pm

This is really more of an IE question than a Windows Server 2008 question, but I'll give it a try. Are you sure that the files are still being written to the original directory? When you tell IE7 to write the files to another directory, it creates a system level directory calling Temporary Internet Files within the directory you specify. By default, Explorer hides system files. You have to change the setting (uncheck the hide option)to be able to even see that there is a Temporary Internet Files in the directory you specified. tgc
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 27th, 2008 4:09am

Hello, You could specify a location for IE 7.0 Temporary Internet files by this way: 1. Open Internet options of your IE browser. 2. Select General tab 3. Under Browsing history option, click Settings button 4. Click Move Folder button to specify a location for your temporary internet files 5. Click OK to save the change. Please note, Windows will log off to finish moving Temporary Internet Files. After the above steps finished, please login again and repeat the above steps from step 1 to step 3 to check the location for Temporary Internet Files. I hope this helps. Regards, Neo Zhu Microsoft Online Community Support
February 29th, 2008 2:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics