How do I change the views in Computer Management and other MSC Consoles in Windows 2008?
I want to change the order of the displayed colums in the services snap-in portion of the Computer Management console in Windows 2008 to show the service Name, Status, Startup Type, Log On As and then the Description as well as the columns width to show the full text. However every time I try to modify the snapin regardless of opening the console as Author, or Administrator and changing the MMC mode it always reverts back to the default view. Is there a way to make these simple changes and make them stick? As an agent of the trustedInstaller or something?
October 16th, 2010 8:51pm

Hi, The changes you made in Computer Management Console will not be saved by default. To customize and save the changes, I would like to suggest you use Microsoft Management Console (MMC). I would like to provide you a sample to add, customize and save Services Snap-in below. 1. Click Start and Run. 2. Type MMC and press Enter. 3. Click File and Add/Remove Snap-in. 4. Select Services and Add. 5. Select Local computer and click Finish 6. Click OK. 7. Now you may customize it as you want. 8. After that, please click File and select Save As to save the customized console. Next time, when you open the saved console, you will find that the customized settings are still there. You may also add, customize and save other Snap-ins as you need. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 20th, 2010 6:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics