How do I access my FTP Site from another computer?
So I have enabled IIS on my Windows 7 PC and would like to add a FTP Site. I have added one and used the default IP address (my machine) for the binding. When I type in my IP address in my browser I have access to the FTP server files, however when I try to access it from another machine it cant find it. How can I make it so my FTP site can be access from any computer? Thanks
February 4th, 2012 4:30pm

Check this article. You can use ftp command from command prompt to access the FTP server. ftp <computername> or ftp <ip address> Example: ftp ftpsrv.contoso.com ftp 192.168.1.10 For IIS or FTP queries, post here. http://forums.iis.net/ Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2012 6:15pm

So I have enabled IIS on my Windows 7 PC and would like to add a FTP Site. I have added one and used the default IP address (my machine) for the binding. When I type in my IP address in my browser I have access to the FTP server files, however when I try to access it from another machine it cant find it. How can I make it so my FTP site can be access from any computer? Thanks There are two things to consider in your scenario. 1. FTP is accessible from your own machine since it is hosted on the same computer. 2. I assume that, you are trying to access your FTP over internet from a different machine; in this scenario, you should have Public IP assigned to your machine which can be accessed over internet. If you do not have a Public IP then you would not be able to access FTP hosted on your machine from different computer over Internet. ~Santosh
February 4th, 2012 9:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics