How configure server?
I have windows 2003 server as a stand alone serverin domain. Thisserver with terminal service running on it for access of domain users. Users are working with accounting software on the server. I need to protect files and access to printers for some users. How can I make it using group policy or other means? When I tried to use group policy for some users. These users havent access to explorer on server with terminal server but they havent access to explorer on their own computers. How to make access in domain? Please send me a links to solutions! please reply on vitalyolegovich@msn.com
September 7th, 2008 4:31pm

Protection of files can be done using NTFS permission.. as for printers, you will need to place the printer on a centralized print server.. or on your stand alone server. From the server create a share to access the printer and apply permissions of users/groups that you would like access to it. Only those users on the network can access the print share if they have print permissions on the shared printer.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2008 10:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics