How can remove document map sheet while exporting to excel ?

Hi

I used document map functionality in SSRS 2012, Please suggest me how can remove document map sheet from excel while exporting to excel ?

Actually we can navigate through the document map and its useful but we want remove from excel while exporting to excel.

Thanks in Advance,

Ramakant Singh

• Moved by SSISJoostMVP Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:20 AM SSRS related instead of SSIS
April 24th, 2013 10:28am

Hello,

In order to meet your requirement, you can create a parameter and specify the DocumentMapLabel value with based on the parameter values. For example,
=IIF (Parameters!ShowDocMap.Value = true, Fields!Group.Value,  nothing)

If you want to eport to Excel, specify the parameter value with "false" and then the report will not create document map.

Note: Blank is also a available value. If you use blank, the report will create Document map with blank. But if you use nothing, the report will have nothing to create.

Regards,
Fanny Liu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2013 5:14am

=IIF (Parameters!ShowDocMap.Value = true, Fields!Group.Value,  nothing)

Please explain this expression ?

What is  Fields!Group.Value ? and how can create  Fields!Group.Value ?

Thanks

Ramakant Singh

April 25th, 2013 5:58pm

Hello,

Sorry for my mistake.

Field "Group" is just for example. Please replace the field with the one which you want to display as document map lab.

For more details, please see: Create a Document Map

Regards,
Fanny Liu

April 26th, 2013 1:56am

Hi Fanny,

Still i am facing same problem.

I would like to know how to remove document map tab sheet in excel which is exported from SSRS.
Thanks in advance,

November 11th, 2013 5:01pm

Here is a method that I used:

In the DocumentMapLabel field for each object mapped, use an expression that checks one of the "Built-in Fields" called RenderFormat.Name:

=IIf((Globals!RenderFormat.Name = "EXCEL") or (Globals!RenderFormat.Name = "EXCELOPENXML"), Nothing, "your DocumentMapLabel text goes here")

The formula checks the render format - if it is one of the Excel options, then it sets the DocumentMapLabel to nothing (so a Document Map won't get generated), otherwise it sets the DocumentMapLabel to whatever text you specify, and a Document Map will be created.

March 6th, 2015 7:47pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics