How can i change the name of the Certification Authority without any problem with the actual certificates
Hi, i have a certification authority installed AD server with windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition SP2, we see that the certificate generated by this services has the name of certicados, but the problem is we want that the new certificates have the name of our organization. Actually under Certication Authority Tree see that the name is CERTFICADOS, now i'm interesting to change that, however i have certificates working yet, for some applications. Wee want in the Issued by field show the name of the our organization and not the name CERTIFICADOS. Thanks a lot for you help.
September 30th, 2009 5:07pm

You can't rename your CA name.[http://www.sysadmins.lv] As always enjoy the automation of tools within the Windows-based, .NET aware, WPF accessible, multi-processes on the same IP / Port usage, admin's automation tool, powershell.exe! Flowering Weeds
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2009 11:10pm

If i can not rename my CA, what must i do, create it again?
September 30th, 2009 11:45pm

Yes, and then redeploy all certificates.When you install the CA next time, please read the dialog box that appears. As it states, you cannot change:- the name of the CA (netBIOS)- The domain membership of the computer hosting the CA- the CA logical nameThis is basic ADCS.Brian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 1st, 2009 12:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics