How can I specify ports for Win 2k8 IPsec tunnel VPN?
In Windows 2008 Microsoft has seemed to disable port scope for any IPsec tunnels. In 2k3/XP you would create a policy filter of what traffic based on IP would go through your tunnel. You could then specify ports/protocols as well. Anything not in the scope would not use the tunnel. With win2k8, the IPsec filters are created on the firewall. When I specify that its an IPsec connection, the port/protocol selection gets greyed out. The IPsec policy creator is still existent, but my tunnel isnt coming up when I use that.
July 27th, 2011 4:23pm

Hi ryan, Thank you for your post. When I specify that it's an IPSec connection, the port/protocol selection gets grayed out. Yes, the setting grayed out. In Windows 2008 Microsoft has seemed to disable port scope for any IPSec tunnels. You could create policy filter in IPSec security policy GP like Windows 2003 instead of in the firewall, please refer to KB942957 to know the IPSec details for IPSec security policy and connection security rules. If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 29th, 2011 5:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics