How can I make videos stored on Azure (blobs) work with Chrome?

When I use a video stored in an Azure blob, it works as expected in all browsers but Chrome. That is, I can use the seek bar and jump to any location on the video in FF and IE (for once), but not Chrome.

A lot of searching led me to 206 Partial Content Requests which apparently Azure and Chrome don't agree.

How can I make Azure videos work with Chrome? They work just fine if I store/use them on S3, which I'd rather not do.

• Edited by Atarax 13 hours 54 minutes ago
September 3rd, 2015 1:23pm

Hey, may I know which video extension you tried out, and which video player you used to display the video?

Also worth checking this link, if you not already done. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/979b4cf4-056f-4c1e-ab4b-3997e2be1740/how-can-i-make-azure-blob-give-me-206-partial-content-for-mp4-getting-200?forum=windowsazu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2015 1:40pm

I get the same results when I use VideoJS or Media Element Player with .mp4/.webm/.ogv

The player and file type isn't the problem because it works fine if I use pretty much anything other than Azure storage (localhost or S3). And as I mentioned, it works with Azure storage for FF and IE.

I saw that link but it doesn't provide an answer, just more links to people complaining about the issue without anyone actually giving a solution.

September 3rd, 2015 1:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics