How can I do a request offering AD Query that lists the members of a group

I want to query all members of a directors group, and list the members in the output for a user to select one or multiple.

Also, they might be nested in other groups, for instance I may have a director who is a member of IT Directors, and that IT Directors group is nested inside Corp Directors, and that is nested inside All Directors. 

Can this be done? If not due to nesting, can we do it if I make a new group and put all members into just that group?

Thanks for any help 

September 3rd, 2015 4:56pm

I asked myself a similar question and painfully discovered the answer is - no. SCSM does not maintain the relationship between users and groups. Which blows especially when it comes to the very thing you are looking to solve.

As such, it means you have to resort to something like "Job Title contains..." or "Description contains..." or "OU contains..."

I've personally gone the route of...

1. Any AD account that has a Direct Report
2. Job Title contains...

It's really the first one that let's you obtain "managers" in the organization. Then leveraging Job title to widdle it down further.

http://scsmmercenary.blogspot.com/2015/03/id-love-to-use-direct-reports-style.html

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2015 10:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics