How are the PowerPivot Cubes created under the POWERPIVOT instance?

Hi,

Getting no data for PowerPivot Dashboard in Central Admin. Shows message Last successful refresh run: The cube has not been processed! 

I have looked under the POWERPIVOT instance in Analysis Services and there are no databases/cubes.

Was this something I missed on install of analysis services or powerpivot?  

I am trying to get the Infrastructure - Health and Workbook Activity to show stats.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

John.

February 22nd, 2015 9:04am

Hi John,

It seems to be more relevant to the SQL server Analysis Service, I will move itto there for a better assistance with more experts regarding this issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlanalysisservices

Thanks

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 23rd, 2015 2:32am

Hi John,

According to your description, you get the error "Last successful refresh run: The cube has not been processed! " and there's no data in PowerPivot Dashboard. Right?

In this scenario, the error is not related to the installation. That's the issue on configuration. Please try to follow the steps below:

1. SQL Server Reporting Server running under application pool SQL Server Reporting Service (with SharePointService credentials)
  2. Secure Store Service runnning under application pool Secure Store (with SharePointService credentials)
  3. Genereated a new Secure Store Key
  4. Created new Secure Store ID called PowerPivotUnattendedAccount
  5. Set target application administrators for PowerPivotUnattendedAccount to mydomain\SharePointConfig
  6. Set permissions for PowerPivotUnattendedAccount to mydomain\SharePointConfig
  7. Set credentials for PowerPivotUnattendedAccount to mydomain\PowerPivotRefresh, set the password for this domain account, set the credential owner to mydomain\administrator
  8. For the PowerPivot dashboard, went into PowerPivot service application settings and set 'PowerPivot Unattended Data Refresh Account' = PowerPivotUnattendedAccount
  9. For the account PowerPivotServiceApplication1_guid under security settings mydomain\SharePointService was only granted GeminiServiceAdmin.

Reference:
Creating cubes via PowerPivot

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

February 23rd, 2015 4:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics