How about connect as
is there a script or program i could run to 'connect as" a different user than i am currently logged in as
March 3rd, 2010 11:58pm

It depends on what you are actually trying to accomplish and what you are trying to run.For instance, a very simple way to lanch a program using other credentials is by using the "runas" command from a command prompt. Of course, you can use the same command from a batch file.Visit my blog: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 4th, 2010 12:53am

I have a need to login to a computer with a local acct and a domain acct at the same time. the local acct is always staff but the domain acct may vary. I have a reception computer that logs in as staff but occasionally a user may want to access a folder on the server with domain credentials. Any thoughts
March 4th, 2010 12:55am

Hi, The Runas command can achieve your goal. By using this command, a local user can use a domain user’s credentials to access the file shared on server. Please refer to the following article: Runas http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/runas.mspx?mfr=true Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 4th, 2010 12:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics